On 30 November – 1 December 2017, the BeOld partners met in Athens to kick off the project. The meeting was the occasion for the consortium to know each other and further discuss about the objectives of BeOld which aims:
– to propose an integrated approach for enhancing older persons participation at workplace
– to promote social inclusion of older persons through their better integration at work
– to combat ageism
– to foster intergenerational learning and mentorate activities in the workplace
– to develop educators competences in this area
– to propose a model of policy for supporting older workers
In particular, the partners focused on the activities that are needed to achieve the above-mentioned objectives. As a first activity, the consortium is preparing questionnaires to gather the views of employers and employees on the skills of older workers. Interviews will take place at the beginning of 2018 in the countries involved in the project: Cyprus, Greece, Italy, Romania, and Spain. The results of this activity will feed the first output of the project: an e-book on the barriers and resources of different generations at work. The document will provide the background to develop the other outputs. In particular, it will provide background information on the support, at organisational and societal level, which is provided to older workers in Romania, Cyprus, Italy, Spain, and Greece.